Re: Last Call: 'The IESG and RFC Editor documents: Procedures' to BCP

2004-05-21 13:03:43
Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

--On 21. mai 2004 11:30 -0700 Fred Templin <ftemplin(_at_)iprg(_dot_)nokia(_dot_)com> wrote:

I'm still a bit puzzled by what "Disclaimer of Validity" could mean,
.e.g., could it mean that everything that appears in the document
before it is "invalid"? Would appreciate clarification on this.

I think it means that "ISOC and IETF make no promise of validity"....

Perhaps, but with no prior formalization (e.g., in RFC 3667)
it seems left rather open to the reader's interpretation.

One possible interpretation is that perhaps the author was
"only kidding" and the document should be taken with a
grain of salt. Could that be the case here?

Thanks - Fred
ftemplin(_at_)iprg(_dot_)nokia(_dot_)com