Re: Last Call: 'The IESG and RFC Editor documents: Procedures' to BCP

2004-05-20 21:46:58

--On 20. mai 2004 17:35 -0700 Fred Templin
<ftemplin(_at_)iprg(_dot_)nokia(_dot_)com> wrote:

Disclaimer of Validity

  This document and the information contained herein are provided on an
  "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE REPRESENTS
  OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY AND THE INTERNET
  ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
  INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE
  INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED
  WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I have never seen such a statement appearing in an I-D before.
Is this a standard statement for such procedural documents?
And,  is the intention that it be removed (by the RFC editor,
I guess) before publishing as BCP?

Inserted by xml2rfc. See RFC 3667 section 5.5 - this notice should appear in all IETF documents.

                        Harald