Re: IETF60: time needed for check-in at San Diego?

2004-07-21 20:46:41
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

On 21-jul-04, at 21:35, Michael Richardson wrote:

    JORDI> What is clear is that the US government should consider this
    JORDI> type of events and provide facilities. Otherwise, the IETF,
    JORDI> IEEE and other organizations, should consider very seriously
    JORDI> skipping event in US.

  What he said.

What is Canada like in this regard? Seems to me this would be a perfect
compromise for the North American meetings: reasonable distance for the
US attendees, reasonable treatment of foreign nationals for everyone
else (AFAIK).

Personally, I can live without being fingerprinted like a common
criminal, which will start for EU citizens entering the US this fall.
(Which obviously means even longer lines at Immigration...)

How about a city in the US which agrees to not engage in such
behavior, and has an international airport, and several private airports?

sleekfreak pirate broadcast
http://sleekfreak.ath.cx:81/