RE: IETF60: time needed for check-in at San Diego?

2004-07-22 09:23:07
Yes, the transit security is indeed infuriating. Happens in London too and
can take a long time if you happen to arrive during a high "load average".
Basically, they all seem to be saying "we don't trust the security in the
country you just came from." Or perhaps: "We want to make sure you don't
use any of those weapons you bought on board from the duty free catalog on
your way here."

Arrgh!

Ole J. Jacobsen
Academic Research and Technology Initiatives, Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj