Re: IETF60: time needed for check-in at San Diego?

2004-07-22 16:40:40
On 22-jul-04, at 20:22, Fred Baker wrote:

Try to get a direct flight or through San Francisco.

I hear that. But (west coast perspective...) I avoid SFO like the plague. When fog sets in, they shut down one runway, and flights throughout the US get delayed. And what is San Francisco famous for?

I haven't had any real trouble on the way back, I'm more concerned with the flight in. At IETF 55 I had to change planes in Washington. Between being a bit late in the first place and the lines at immigration and the security check I was at the other gate 2 minutes before scheduled departure. Fortunately, this flight was late also, so no real trouble. Since then I always try to change planes outside of the US. Iceland on the way to Minneapolis was especially good: I was at the connecting gate 15 minutes after touchdown.

I don't understand why those online booking services still assume 2 hours between connecting flights...