Re: IETF60: time needed for check-in at San Diego?

2004-07-21 21:06:41
On Jul 21, 2004, at 2:48 PM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

What is Canada like in this regard? Seems to me this would be a perfect compromise for the North American meetings: reasonable distance for the US attendees, reasonable treatment of foreign nationals for everyone else (AFAIK).

I noted to Harald off-line that I think Canada would be an attractive choice for IETF meetings. The tourism/conference biz is important to us, we're quite a bit cheaper than the U.S., and the border officials quite a bit softer-edged. (To be fair to the U.S., we're also on fewer terrorist hit-lists). I would think for something with the IETF's prestige, we might even be able to arrange a friendly nod from the Canadian feds, particularly if they could get a little marketing mileage out of the deal.

-Tim (writing from Vancouver, Canada)