Re: I-D submission tool draft

2004-09-13 21:59:48
% I think that this process is missing a chance to deal with one of the
% confusions about the IETF's process - if the submission process included
% a click-through agreement covering the IPR (copyright & patent
% disclosure) requirements it would eliminate any possibility for the
% submitter to claim that they did not know or for the submitter to say
% that some other text in the document negates the boilerplate - this is a
% proposal that has come up a few times over the last few years, if we
% create a tool for people to use to submit IDs it would seem to be a good
% time to implement such a process

        if there is a desire to ensure that the proper text
        is include with each ID, then this is a reasonable
        request.  it may not be sufficent however.

% I will say that I'm not fond of the idea of requiring that WG chairs
% pre-approve the submission of -00 WG IDs, as a WG chair I'd rather be
% able to enforce me getting a chance to review the document first - I'm
% fine with letting a WG chair be able to pre approve but I do not think
% it should be the only way that the process should be able to work

        actually, i think that the WG chairs are the -wrong- people
        to ensure that the right text is part of each -00 IDs. you
        really want proper legal review of each -00 id to ensure that
        the copyright text is correct/intact.

%
% Scott

--bill