re: I-D submission tool draft

2004-09-13 16:33:02
On Monday, September 13, 2004 08:38:45 -0400 scott bradner <sob(_at_)harvard(_dot_)edu> wrote:

I will say that I'm not fond of the idea of requiring that WG chairs
pre-approve the submission of -00 WG IDs, as a WG chair I'd rather be
able to enforce me getting a chance to review the document first - I'm
fine with letting a WG chair be able to pre approve but I do not think
it should be the only way that the process should be able to work

I agree. While both submission of the document and approval by the chair are necessary, there's no reason to require a particular order. If I'm not available to approve a new document (say, because I'm on a train returning from an IETF meeting), the system should wait until I can deal. It should _not_ force the submitter to wait -- computers are much better at waiting than people are.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+(_at_)cmu(_dot_)edu>
  Sr. Research Systems Programmer