Re: I-D submission tool draft

2004-09-14 05:58:57
Henrik,

There seems to be a built-in assumption here that someone will write a new
tool for this.

Most conferences and journals nowadays use an automated submission system,
I've heard there are 4 different systems used by various conferences. One of
them I've used extensively is EDAS (http://edas.info/doc/) which was
developed by Henning Schulzrinne. I'd be curious to know why something like
that won't work for IETF? I imagine it might save IETF lots of time (and
potentially money if the intent was to contract out the production of the
tool), even if IETF had to change its procedures slightly. Has there been
any attempt to compare the requirements in this draft to existing systems to
see if IETF might get by with something that is already out there?

            jak

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Levkowetz" <henrik(_at_)levkowetz(_dot_)com>
To: <wgchairs(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>; <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Cc: <tools-discuss(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 5:08 AM
Subject: I-D submission tool draft

Hi,

The tools team has been working on requirements for a tool
to automate submissions of internet-drafts, to replace the
current mail submission through the secretariat as primary
submission mode.

We've put together a -00 version of a draft containing the
requirements, and would very much like your input on this.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tools-draft-submission-00.txt

We expect to issue a -01 draft in 1 (one) week, so your
feedback should be in Friday, Sep. 18th, at the latest, in
order to be considered.

Thanks,

Henrik