Re: Shuffle those deck chairs!

2004-10-19 19:13:49
Someone wrote me privately:

]                                         For an open source guy he
] has some pretty funny legal language:
]
] http://www.catb.org/~esr/copying.html

That page includes this restriction:

}  You may not make or redistribute static copies (whether print or
}  online) without my express permission.

HTML and English are not C, C++, asm86, perl, or even php and I
don't expect anyone who writes some open source to write only open
source.  I would also like a way to stop my perpetual problems with
people using and redistributing ancient or distorted and preverted
versions of my epistles in C.  Still, someone who claims to represent
refuseniks like me in negotiations concerning open source with an
organization in which I've been particpating for decades ...