Re: AdminRest: BCP and IASA IRTF support

2004-11-12 14:43:48
Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
Margarets rev 01 drafts, in Section 1, 3rd para starts:

    The IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA) provides the
    administrative structure required to support the IETF standards
    process and to support the technical activities of the IETF,
    including the IESG, the IAB, IETF working groups and the IRTF.

I believe that current admin support for IRTF is pretty meager.  It
seems that the above text makes IASA more explicitly responsible for
admin support for IRTF. I personally think this is fine, but we
should be aware that that is what is being proposed by this text.

Bert-

It appears (to me) that IRTF RGs are meeting before and after IETF
meetings increasingly more often.  Is there additional cost to this?
Is that expense currently borne by IETF meeting registration fees?
(Personally, I think it would be fine if it were.  I think interaction
between IETF and IRTF participants is a good thing and benefits the
IETF.)  If the IETF is not currently paying for these meetings, does
the change you refer to above imply that it would in the future?

--aaron