Re: Why people by NATs

2004-11-29 15:25:47
Jeroen Massar <jeroen(_at_)unfix(_dot_)org>:
On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 01:38 -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Kai Henningsen <kaih(_at_)khms(_dot_)westfalen(_dot_)de>:
Oh, sorry. Not *exactly*. It's the DHCP *server* which does the DNS
update.

My DHCP server is firmware in my Linksys :-).

Which is a Linux box, which can be upgraded ;)

As the maintainer of the Linksys Blue Box Router HOWTO, I am quite well
aware of this fact.  And if my objective were to have exciting adventures
in system and network administration, I would have reflashed my Linksys
long since.

I don't want to have exciting adventures in system and network administration.
I want my home network to just freaking *work* so I can concentrate on the
problems where my time is most valuable.