Re: Mud. Clear as. Re: Rough consensus? #425 3.5

2005-01-28 04:18:58
Margaret,

I have two problems with your text:

- It does not handle the issue Mike st. Johns raised - about whether reviewing bodies would have privilleged access to normally-confidential information related to the decision being challenged.

- I don't know what it means for the IESG, IAB or ISOC BoT to "overturn" a decision. It could mean "IAOC, go back and start over, but you may make the same decision again", "IAOC, go back and start over, but you have to make at least some change to your decision", "IAOC, act as if you had made decision B, not decision A", or some other variation, depending on circumstances.

Unsurprisingly, I would be happier with a version that did not have the last paragraph - I think the actions available in the preceeding paragraphs are enough to address all situations where it's unreasonable to reach for the recall procedures.

But I think I could live with this one.

                 Harald