Re: Mud. Clear as. Re: Rough consensus? #425 3.5

2005-01-31 07:48:41
Sam,

For whatever it is worth, I could not agree more with your
formulation. Although you have stated it better than I have, I
think our conclusions are much the same: trying to formalize all
of this and write into formal text just gets us tied into more
knots and risks edge cases and abuses that could be quite
problematic.  At the same time, if the community --and the IAOC
and IAD-- don't accept and follow the general principles you
have described, we are in a degree of trouble that formal
appeals procedures probably won't fix.

And I don't think that is "...mostly at nothing".

best,
    john

--On Thursday, 27 January, 2005 22:44 -0500 Sam Hartman