Re: Complaining about ADs to Nomcom (Re: Voting (again))

I would suggest that (agreeing) candidate lists be made public
early in the process, in order to make it easier for the IETFers to
provide you feedback. This would also increase the transparency
of the process. And yes, I am aware of the argument that some
candidates might be shy to reveal that they are running for the
job. But we are a major organization, and I would suggest that
the benefits for the organization outweigh benefits (if any) for
the candidates.

Just a fact: this point *was* debated at length during the discussion
of what became RFC 3777. And the WG Chair called the consensus. Of course,
the consensus may be different when we next revise it.

   Brian