Re: improving WG operation

2005-05-07 12:09:23
 It might be time to revist some of these tools for interactive

 collaboration. Smart is a Canadian company; maybe we should
 get them as a sponosor for IETF 64.

 Now _that_ would be way cool.

maybe.

however,  rather than our starting with an interesting in some set of tools
that fall into an interesting, albeit large and vague -- area, perhaps we
should figure out what we need to do that we can't reasonably do now.

tools have their own expense, and we already have quite a few.  adding useful
ones would be... useful.  adding ones that are not highly useful would be more
hassle that they are worth.

given email, jabber and multi-casting voice/video, what additional
collaborative processes might be helpful for getting IETF face-to-face
meetings more productive?

i believe this sub-thread was triggered by an interest in something like a
real whiteboard that could be digitally captured and shared.  Is that the
function we need a tool for?  are there others?

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking