RE: Complaining about ADs to Nomcom (Re: Voting (again))

2005-05-07 18:57:17
Do you actually think that we need an even higher turnover?  Or are
you pointing out an historical problem which may have been corrected
over the past two years?

I was merely reacting to your assessment that renewal rate by the nom
com of less than 25% leads to average terms of 8-10 years, which in my
mind is too long. As you point out, in practice, people tend to not stay
much longer than 4 years -- and we should thank them for serving even
that long. There were a few examples of AD serving for 10 years or more,
it is not the case anymore, and that is very well.

-- Christian Huitema