Re: Test version of the Parking Area

2005-07-19 13:33:07
 Date: 2005-07-14 03:30
 From: Brian E Carpenter <brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com>

What's the Parking Area? It's the list of all drafts that have been
approved by the IESG but are not yet published as RFCs.

You can find the test version at

http://rtg.ietf.org:8080/Test/parking
[...]
 Date: 2005-07-15 10:12
 From: Bill Fenner <fenner(_at_)research(_dot_)att(_dot_)com>

Yes.  And what's the idea ?

It's the IETF's statement about having approved the documents, as opposed
to the RFC Editor's statement about having the documents in the queue.

Yes, but what's the intended use?

I'd like to see the date of the status changes; e.g. I see
several listed in AUTH48 that are dated 2003.  But I cannot tell
from the "Parking Area" or from the I-D tracker or from the
RFC-Editor Queue web page how long those documents have been sitting
in AUTH48.

There have been comments that it takes a long time for some
documents to work their way through the RFC-Editor queue, and
that is certainly true.

If the intended use of the data includes either a proposal to
change process or finger-pointing, we don't have enough information.

It would be nice to have something analogous to the I-D tracker
for the RFC-Editor process, recording process state transitions
and their dates.