Re: "IETF servers aren't for testing"

2005-08-09 04:47:24
Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 09:44, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

... I believe Leslie said we shouldn't use IETF servers for testing.

In and of itself I fully agree with that statement.

I'd go farther.  I strongly disagree.

While the availability and stability of the IETF infrastructure is
important, an engineering organization which declines to "eat its own
dog food" sends a message about its suitability for widespread
deployment.

Just one comment on this thread, if the sergeant at arms will allow
it.

The IAOC was in the room for the plenary, and the comment was noted.
And it needs to get on the IASA action list, after which it's an
operational question how soon it can happen and how much it costs.

    Brian