Re: "IETF servers aren't for testing"

2005-08-06 10:26:00
Once the IETF web services are operated under a contract with the IASA, and that contract contains text like "these servers must be reachable via IPv4", I think it is a very reasonable idea for the IETF Administrative Director to ask the company providing this service under contract what they would charge extra in order to change that line in their contract to "IPv4 and IPv6".

At the moment, remember, the IETF's webservers are provided by a company that is under no formal obligation to do anything requested by the IETF community; they have chosen for reasons that seem good to them to continue not offering IPv6 access to the IETF servers, presumably because they think that some of the other things we have asked them to do take priority.

I think IPv6 can wait until we have the formalities straight.

                      Harald