Re: Why have we gotten away from running code?

2005-08-10 12:19:59
Don't forget the organizations that adopt IETF specs. ISMA has a regular interop and conformance program for RTSP + RTP + the codecs used, both 'virtual' over the internet and face to face at most meetings. Likewise IMTC does testing of 3GPP SA4 multimedia specs, again using RTSP, RTP, codecs etc. I'm sure there are more.

Not that I am opposed to running code, sample code, or more IETF bake-offs, mind you. Just that the number of organizations filling the glass is more than it used to be.