Re: Adding parallelism? (was Re: Cost vs. Benefit of Real-Time Applications and Infrastucture Area)

2005-09-22 16:25:32
    Pekka> how important is it that documents get reviewed by *all*
    Pekka> current areas?  There are certainly some "cross-layer"
    Pekka> areas, such as SEC and OPS, that should worry about all
    Pekka> layers, but aren't the primary purpose of layering to make
    Pekka> sure that people working on the other end the stack can
    Pekka> feel safe to _mostly_ ignore details at the other end;
    Pekka> e.g., that apps people don't need to worry about the
    Pekka> details of the routing?

The current structure does not require document be reviewed by all
areas.  I can (and sometmies do) record a no objection vote because I
believe that adequate review has taken place without me reading a
document.

--Sam