Re: delegating (portions of) ietf list disciplinary process

2005-09-28 23:53:14

2. An IETF "netiquette" committee, to offload list banning procedures
from the IESG.

I don't think so.  I prefer that this responsibility stay with a few
individuals, so that it is taken very seriously -- not only by them
but by everyone.  A committee would lead to dilution of responsibility
as well as endless discussion on every dispute.

Good point.

As much as I believe the IETF should not give veto authority to any single individual, this is one case where it is probably better.

My sense is that, without exception, IETF participants involved in deciding process objections has taken their role extremely seriously. It's difficult to believe that this would be any different. In addition, any abuse by the ombudsperson will be very quickly reported and corrected.

d/
--

 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking