RE: Please make sure that you do not run your WLAN in ad hoc mode

2005-11-10 15:35:31
The problem stems (I hope) from people not knowing that they
have their PC in Ad-Hoc mode when they specify that they want
to connect to network "ietf64".  So the answer should be that
"ad hoc mode with SSID = ietf<XX>".

However, people wanting to have a private ad hoc network ought
to look at the frequencies being used by local base-stations
so that their signals do not interfere with people using the
"infrastructure" mode.

--
Eric