RE: Please make sure that you do not run your WLAN in ad hoc mode

2005-11-11 08:18:05
I think that what we should do is to send the IEEE 801.b/g group a
polite letter pointing out that if our people here at the IETF cannot
figure this stuff out then their less technically astute customers might
be having some trouble as well.

I think that the cause of this 'misconfiguration' is simply people
trying to connect to the network, getting it wrong, twiddling some stuff
at random, trying again and so on. I don't think you are going to stop
that.

Designers should read Donald Norman's 'The Design of Everyday Things'.