RE: Please make sure that you do not run your WLAN in ad hoc mode

2005-11-11 09:57:46
Phillip Hallam-Baker writes...

I think that what we should do is to send the IEEE 801.b/g group a
polite letter pointing out that if our people here at the IETF cannot
figure this stuff out then their less technically astute customers
might
be having some trouble as well.

I don't believe this is an 802.11 problem.  That group standardizes PHY
and MAC (up to Layer 2) protocols.  The usability problems with 802.11
networks are in the device drivers, operating systems and configuration
applications.  It would be more effective to send mail to Microsoft,
Apple, et. al.