Re: Please make sure that you do not run your WLAN in ad hoc mode

2005-11-11 11:43:22
I think we can make a pretty good guess as to the list, although maybe not the relative positions.

I think that from now on registration packets should include a sheet about how to tell if you are running an ad hoc network for a variety of OS flavors, and have sent a detailed suggestion to that effect to the IAOC. There should be sufficient resources in the IETF community to do this for even the fairly old flavors; a simple note at the bottom saying that if your OS is not included, email iaoc(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org, should
catch any missed the first time around.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks