Re: XML2RFC submission (was Re: ASCII art)

2005-11-23 12:48:32

on 2005-11-23 19:50 Dave Crocker said the following:

Summary of suggestions:

This looks like quite a good list.  The only thing I would add is an
interactive submission tool that validates the xml2rfc document being
submitted.

The tool has been specified (draft-ietf-tools-draft-submission) and approved
by the IESG (the document is in the RFC editor's queue).  The Tools Team has
requested that implementing this be placed high on the list of things to be
taken on by the secretariat once the contract with the new service provider
is in place.

Rather than explicitly penalize the text submitters with an earlier date,
I'd suggest providing a bonus extension deadline for those submitting via
this interactive path, since it would require NO human intervention on the
I-D publishing side... after the tool gets built.

I agree.

        Henrik