Re: XML2RFC submission (was Re: ASCII art)

2005-11-24 08:04:28
Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:

But one of the reasons for EARLY submission deadline is to ensure that
the IETF participants actually get some time to READ/STUDY the documents
that need f2f time in IETF WG meetings!

Indeed. The idea is that since XML-RFC-formatted drafts can be vetted automatically, we can cut down on the interval between the I-D deadline and when the draft is actually announced and available. This time interval seems to be as large as three or four days, given the hundreds of last-minute submissions received by the secretariat. Thus, if we were to give XML-RFC formatted drafts one additional day, they'd still appear several days earlier than drafts do today. This obviously presumes the existence of the automated I-D submission tool that is being discussed.

Bert