Re: XML2RFC submission (was Re: ASCII art)

2005-11-24 08:58:49
In message
<7D5D48D2CAA3D84C813F5B154F43B15508A47F75(_at_)nl0006exch001u(_dot_)nl(_dot_)lucent(_dot_)c
om>, "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" writes:

Let me repeat, that as far as I know, the RFC editor does NOT have
.xml versions of the FINAL RFC. They always end up generating .nroff
files and do some tailoring/editing to the .nroff before the final
RFC gets produced (from .nroff).

I'd sure like to see some comments from the RFC editor on what they'd
like, and what it would mean to them if everything came in in XML.

I've written all of my RFCs in nroff, though I've been contemplating
switching to XML.  If we adopt some new format, though, I think we
really need the ability to generate diffs of different versions of the
same document.  Today, I use wdiff; the RFC editor also uses wdiff
during the auth48 period.  I've never seen a pdfdiff; we might want a
tool that takes two XML input documents and generates a diff.XML file
that, when rendered, shows something like wdiff produces today.