Re: [IAOC] I know I am dumb stupid but I am also dumb stubborn [was IETF Trust license is too restricted]

2005-12-08 18:42:29
At 21:55 08/12/2005, Lucy E. Lynch wrote:
On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:
> At 15:50 05/12/2005, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> >Simon,
> >You are bit behind real time. We already updated this text.
> >http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg01837.html
>
> Dear Brian,
> Great! the three stupid points I am stubbornly interested in are
> gathered here! Please read what follows with humour, however the
> three issues are serious.

<snip>

> If I copy all the RFCs, sort their content, add a legal blabla paying
> my respects to all those who contributed through the IETF, make an
> open use e-book from them all, class their proposition in some
> orders, updating it when they change, mixing them with other SSDOs
> propositions, etc. translating parts in various languages, adding
> comments on their usage cons and pros and testing, linking the
> various comments people may have made on them, etc. quoting available
> open source/commercial libraries and their variations, etc. and the
> various registry repositories where they can find the values of the
> related parameters, i.e. what the users long for a while, will the
> IAOC sue me and send me to jail as the US DMCA and the French DADVSI would do?

Tounge firmly in cheek:
Of course we won't send you to jail. We'll make you come live in a
country with no real cheese and a lot of overly oak-y white wine.
far worse. ;-)

This response is recorded. And taken as an unusual but formal permission, due to circumstances and repeated denial of response. It will be acted upon as described. Any possible opposition will be objected this response and Brian's one, and unanswered request of authoritative comments.

NB1: I fully understand that people from the darkwing are jealous from those living on the brightside. :-) NB2: I still wait for my response concerning the legal responsibility of the Trust.
Thank you.
jfc