Re: The IETF Trust License is too restricted

2005-12-06 02:50:58
Francis Dupont wrote:
 In your previous mail you wrote:

   The text in section 9.5 appear to me to make it permanently impossible
   to incorporate portions of RFC in both free or proprietary products.
I believe that is unacceptable, and that it is counter to the needs of
   many in the IETF community.
=> I support Simon's concern: as I explained we need to be allowed to
freely quote RFCs, for instance in a comment in a piece of "open
source" code.

As stated yesterday - that text has been appropriately fixed. For the
open source discussion, see the ongoing discussion in the IPR WG.

   Brian