RE: objection to proposed change to "consensus"

2006-01-06 11:59:31
Randy,

        Nosey, aren't we?  :-)

        If you must know, let's see:  one grandfather worked in a
machine shop during WWII, retired in the late 50s; the other was
in the Army for WWI and a farmer, sawyer, moon-shiner and road
worker the rest of his life (being a farmer isn't a living, it's
a hobby).  I doubt ASCII figured much into either of their lives.

        ASCII isn't good enough for me, but PDF is useful where the
problem is really bad.  Between them (counting PS as a variation
of PDF - especially since I have to convert PS to PDF to read it)
they are what there is.

        I don't even pretend to know what will be good for my own
grandchildren because - so far - I don't even know that I will
ever have any.

        My point in making a terse response was that all that was
asked for was objections.  Sometimes, reasons are neither asked
for nor needed.

        I suspect that - now that you know the reasons - you might
agree that this was one of those times...

--
Eric