Re: IETF Last Call under RFC 3683 concerning JFC (Jefsey) Morfin

2006-01-20 11:27:44
Margaret,

RFC 3683 gives you broad discretion on the basis to make a decision, and
gives WG chairs broad discretion on what actions they should take. As
you had a hand in it, perhaps you can refresh my memory, but as I recall
that's all by design. This is not a really freedom of speech exercise,
but a discussion about utility to the standards development process
itself. I hope you would make your decision based on that. I have no
beef with JFC, but that's the equation I would recommend. I'd be less
cavalier were the consequences for JFC greater. It's not like if he
really wanted to try again he couldn't reach the decision makers and try
to make nice. I think the going rate for a Google or Y! account is still 0.

Regards,

Eliot