RE: IETF Last Call under RFC 3683 concerning JFC (Jefsey) Morfin

2006-01-20 14:13:36

Hi Eliot,

RFC 3683 gives you broad discretion on the basis to make a
decision, and gives WG chairs broad discretion on what
actions they should take. As you had a hand in it, perhaps
you can refresh my memory,

Just for the record...  I was not involved in the publication of RFC 3683.

I wrote RFC 3934/BCP 94.  That's the one that allows WG chairs to suspend
posting priveleges on WG mailing lists for up to 30 days.  Prior to that
RFC, only the full IESG could suspend anyone's posting priveleges, even
temporarily.

Margaret