Re: Beyond China's independent root-servers -- Expanding and Fixing Domain Notation

2006-03-02 21:15:26
At 15:26 02/03/2006, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 12:26:23AM -0800,
 Jefsey Morfin, disguised as Mohsen BANAN
<lists-ietf(_at_)mohsen(_dot_)banan(_dot_)1(_dot_)byname(_dot_)net> wrote
 a message of 551 lines which said:

Mohsen,
it seems that Stephane tested the Chinese open root too much and meets some naming problems. Or that Stephane wants you, and others may-be, to be PR-defamacted one shot with me.
jfc

PS. I note his technical evaluation that "The problem is 100 % political and should be addressed in ICANN / WSIS / IGF / whatever but not in the IETF." I suppose this means that the Chinese Domain Names are seen as a "problem" (Chinese people and other linguistic communities members may see them another way) and that the related technical issues either do not exist or are no part of the IETF concerns.