Re: Beyond China's independent root-servers -- Expanding and Fixing Domain Notation

2006-03-03 09:13:58

On 2 mar 2006, at 09.26, Mohsen BANAN wrote:

More than 5 years ago I predicted what the Chinese
government announced today.

What happened today:

http://english.people.com.cn/200602/28/eng20060228_246712.html
http://www.interfax.cn/showfeature.asp?aid=10411&slug=INTERNET- POLICY-MII-DOMAIN%20NAME-DNS
http://www.domainesinfo.fr/vie_extensions.php?vde_id=859
http://politics.slashdot.org/politics/06/02/28/1610242.shtml
http://news.com.com/China+creates+own+Internet+domains/ 2100-1028_3-6044629.html

was obvious and quite easy to foresee.

Addressing the requirements of a very real
international multi-root environment is also not
all that hard and will likely naturally evolve.

To best of my knowledge, that there are no new Chinese root-servers - despite what the press says. And at least we have not seen a drop in queries to our anycast instance in Beijing yet so there even seems to be data to support that...

But what do I know...

- kurtis -