Re: Beyond China's independent root-servers -- Expanding and Fixing Domain Notation

2006-03-03 10:17:07
Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

To best of my knowledge, that there are no new Chinese root-servers - despite what the press says. And at least we have not seen a drop in queries to our anycast instance in Beijing yet so there even seems to be data to support that...

There are. Check Peter Dambiers messages for details.

As for you claims of data to support this - show us.

First - you won't notice any drop in queries because the china roots refers all queries concerning NON-CHINESE TLDs back to IANA.

Second - you will notice an increase in what you guys at the roots call I think illegal or erroneous TLDs - which see

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/02/05/dud_queries_swamp_us_internet/

Incidentally - since my article was written I have not seen any further studies concerning root traffic from CAIDA or anyone else. In fact root operators don't really share much with the world - do they?

cheers
joe baptista