Re: Beyond China's independent root-servers -- Expanding and Fixing Domain Notation

2006-03-03 02:47:11

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 22:26:59 +0800, Stephane Bortzmeyer
<bortzmeyer(_at_)nic(_dot_)fr> said:

  Stephane> On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 12:26:23AM -0800,
  Stephane>  Jefsey Morfin, disguised as Mohsen BANAN
  Stephane> <lists-ietf(_at_)mohsen(_dot_)banan(_dot_)1(_dot_)byname(_dot_)net>
wrote
  Stephane>  a message of 551 lines which said:

Hello Stephane Bortzmeyer.

I have no reason to believe that you are not
Stephane Bortzmeyer.

Why are you publicly accusing Jefsey Morfin of
masquerading as me, Mohsen Banan?

That is bad form, you know.

I can assure that I am me, and he is he, and we
are not the same.

I think you should publicly apologize for wrongly and
baselessly accusing him of pretending to be
someone else.

I wrote the email that you have quoted. Had you
put "Mohsen Banan" in the google box and clicked
on "I'm Feeling Lucky," you would have landed on:

  http://mohsen.banan.1.byname.net/ProfessionalBio/

You could also grep for my name in the RFC series ...

If Jefsey (Jean-Francois C. MORFIN) were really
masquerading as someone else, he would surely
choose an unknown, a nonentity, a cipher. But I am
none of those things. I have a history.

I do not recall having ever met Mr. Morfin and
don't know him other than from his participation
on this list. Based on his writings, I consider
him far more reasonable than the typical IETF cult
leader or your typical IETF groupie.

His notes I do not ignore. Outside of this
clarification, the rest of your remarks I can
comfortably ignore.

Regards,

...Mohsen