RE: Multinational Internet or Balkanization?

2006-03-11 21:20:50

I have not yet follow this thread.
But I just read these and would like to know say something here.

What I find fascinating here is the way that certain people
think that an action taken at the state level by the most
populous nation on earth with the largest army, nuclear
weapons, third largest GNP etc. somehow validates the
splinter roots set up by assorted crackpots rather than
demonstrating their crackpotishness.
In 2006, China's military investment is about 35 billon US Dollar.
USA military investment is about 439 billion US Dollar

Average National defence budget per person in USA is 1540 US Dollar in 2005
Average National defence budget per person in China is 20 US Dollar in 2005

And China said that we will never use nuclear weapon before other people use.
Could USA say same word in this world?

In the 5000 years of hisotry of China, main people of China never invaded any
other country.
On the contrary, China has been invaded many times and many countries
historically.

I guess that some people are still expecting that China will be invaded by them
again.

-Hui
Disclaimer:
The contents of this e-mail, and its attachments, if any, are confidential and
may be protected
by law against any unauthorized use.  If you have received this e-mail by
mistake or have
reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender by reply
e-mail as soon as possible and delete it from your computer system immediately
thereafter.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this e-mail or
attachment or disclose
the contents to any other person.  While we have made every effort to keep our
network virus free,
we take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by
way of this e-mail.