RE: Now there seems to be lack of communicaiton here...

2006-08-31 11:10:01

I further agree with Phillip (and Richard) that this is not an IAB or even a Nomcom chair decision

I disagree.  The chair of a committee should have some freedom to
decide what to do in cases not covered by the RFC.   The decision he made
(rerun the algorithm with correct input data) is a reasonable one by
any standard.  Let's just accept his decision and go on with our work.

There are, of course, other solutions, but I seriously doubt that a
community discussion will ever lead to consensus on which one is best.
So, let's not have this discussion (*)

I disagree further with Phil that this can set a precedent for rerunning
the algorithm in the case where a "unacceptable to some" member is
selected in the NOMCOM.  That is something completely different.

Henk

(*) This won't happen but thanks to procmail, I won't see it...

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746