Re: Adjusting the Nomcom process

2006-09-08 08:58:11

Brian E Carpenter wrote:

I think that you are confusing the meaning of "to consult" with "to decide".

No, Dave, you are confusing "IESG" and "IETF Chair", and "IAB" and
"IAB Chair." Leslie and I were copied; the IESG and IAB were not.

Brian,

The phrase "distinction without a difference" comes to mind.

Really, Brian, please try to focus on the underlying concern being expressed, rather than respond with fine points that both miss the concern and, at best, serve only as a technicality for dismissing the concern.

First you focused on "ambiguity", when that seems pretty clearly not to be the issue -- although I note that you have not responded to that observation.

Now you focus on the difference between the two people who head the IAB and IESG, versus the entirety of those bodies, as if the two Chairs are devoid of potential for CoI.

Neither of those provide a substantive response to the concern about Nomcom independence.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking