Re: Crisis of Faith - was Re: Adjusting the Nomcom process

2006-09-13 23:01:42
On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 07:25:00PM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:
IETF volunteer staff are employees of the ISOC. That they aren't paid
may make them gratuitous employees (see below). Gratuitous employees are
still employees with just about the same obligations and duties of paid
employees.  I just happen to have the Restatement of the Law of Agency
open:

Dean,

        Neither of us are lawyers, and even if we were, the
application of the facts to law is not within the scope of the IETF
mailing list.  I'm also confused what point you are trying to make,
but I suggest this particular thread be moved off of the IETF list, as
it is not in scope of the list charter.

        Regards,

                                                - Ted