Re: Adjusting the Nomcom process

2006-09-06 09:10:06
Dave Crocker wrote:

Brian E Carpenter wrote:

This isn't a call for bureaucracy, but for precision. As this year's glitch
shows, extreme precision is needed in the rules.

Interesting. What it showed me is that we cannot anticipate every contingency.

Hence what it showed me is that we need better statement of principles and less effort to try to specify every problem and solution that might ever occur.

I don't think that is inconsistent with the need for precision. It's
ambiguity that leads to problems - for example, ambiguity about who
resolves problems during the formation of NomCom.

    Brian