Re: Adjusting the Nomcom process

2006-09-06 00:58:04
Sam Hartman wrote:

"Jari" == Jari Arkko <jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net> writes:

   Jari> Dave, I'm generally happy with the Nomcom process (and I
   Jari> believe its a better alternative than direct voting).

   Jari> However, I do agree with you that making the candidate list
   Jari> public would be useful.

Me too.
I agree - making the candidate list public would allow the nomcom to get better
quality feedback.

As was said earlier in the thread, any I* job subjects the appointee to significant scrutiny, so it could be argued that those unwilling to put their name forward
in public were unprepared for the consequences of appointment and therefore
not qualified.

- Stewart