Re: Adjusting the Nomcom process

2006-09-06 04:28:19
Edward Lewis wrote:

I don't think it makes much of a difference in the outcome of the nomcom if names are published or not. (OTOH it is yet another perennial issue to blow bits on a mailing list about.) How about we just try it once and see what happens - all that stuff about running code and other slogans we used to go by?

Let's stop chattering about bureaucratic processes and return to trying things.

I think that varying the NomCom rules without at the minimum an RFC 3933
experiment documented would be really contentious. And given the amount
of discussion needed for these topics, now would not be too soon to start
drafting an experiment for next year.

This isn't a call for bureaucracy, but for precision. As this year's glitch
shows, extreme precision is needed in the rules.

    Brian