Re: Last Call: 'Progressive Posting Rights Supsensions' to BCP (draft-carpenter-rescind-3683)

2006-09-22 15:53:46
"David" == David Kessens <david(_dot_)kessens(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com>
writes:

    David> I would also like to note that the same inviduals who have
    David> been affected by PR actions, also have been the same
    David> individuals who have abused our openmindedness towards our
    David> appeal process and who have filed one meritless apeal after
    David> another, tieing up time and resources of the IESG (and IAB)
    David> that could have been used otherwise. Not everybody in the
    David> community might have noticed this, but the IESG (and IAB)
    David> has spend a ridiculous amount of time in the past year or
    David> so on appeals that had no merit whatsoever that came from
    David> the same people who also happen to have been the subject of
    David> PR actions (see for details:
    David> http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Appeals.html). In fact it has come
    David> to a point where at least some of us are extremely
    David> frustrated that we have to dedicate as much time as we have
    David> been doing to issues like this instead of carrying out our
    David> IETF mission.

I think it would be interesting to understand how much time an
individual IESG member has to dedicate to appeals.  I know I've
dedicated a lot of time to appeals, but I find that's because I chose
to do so because I thought it was important.  I've certainly dedicated
much less time to more recent appeals.

I wonder if we could find out how much time IESG members spend on
appeals and how much they could cut back if they chose to dedicate
less time to appeals?