Re: Last Call: 'Progressive Posting Rights Supsensions' to BCP (draft-carpenter-rescind-3683)

2006-09-23 08:17:50

David Kessens wrote:
RFC 3883 has proven to me as an Area Director to be a very effective
tool to deal with extremely abusive behavior of a select few.

draft-carpenter-rescind-3683-01 will set us back in time as we will
need to have the whole management chain involved again to take actions
against abusive behavior by individuals
The PR action has allowed us to deal very efficiently with these rare
but existing cases.

Right.

Where has the case been made that RFC 3683 is not adequate?

Where is the demonstration of community consensus that it needs to be replaced?

From my view in the galleries, posting rights suspension has been asserted rarely and well.

That's the definition of a good control mechanism, from my perspective.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking