Re: Last Call: 'Domain Suffix Option for DHCPv6' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-dnsdomain)

2006-09-27 11:10:33
Harald,

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
FWIW, "domain suffix" is used in RFC 3263, 3588, 4183 and 4620. In none
of these documents does it seem that the author has seen a requirement
for a definition; "a domain name that is intended to be used as a suffix
of a complete domain name" seems to be the implied definition.

A pity that Verisign has started using it differently.

Please see the email I wrote that you responded to: I don't understand
the (now ongoing) reference to VeriSign's supposed use of, let alone
redefinition of, this term.  Can we drop it, please?

Matt