Re: nomcom and confidentiality

2006-11-07 13:07:46

On Nov 7, 2006, at 10:37 AM, Bob Hinden wrote:

What!!!! The liaisons are there to provide additional information, not directly influence the outcome.

Do you have more information on this? If this is true, I think the result from that Nomcom is questionable. I think this needs to be investigated and the result be made public.

I realize that we can't go back in time, but it needs to be clear to current and future nomcom's that this is a major violation of the nomcom process and should not be repeated.

Not to further belabor Fred's point, but:

You might consider the text in section 5(9) of RFC 3777:

   9.  All members of the nominating committee may participate in all
       deliberations.

       The emphasis of this rule is that no member can be explicitly
       excluded from any deliberation.  However, a member may
       individually choose not to participate in a deliberation.